Sharing a great piece of content that you’re confident your viewers will engage with is one hurdle in itself. Even if your content is the best of the best, simply sharing it on social media mostly won’t be enough for it to gain traction. Implementing a good social strategy will provide a solid foundation, but due to the saturation in today’s social media world it’s still difficult to get noticed by a new set of eyes. That’s where content syndication comes in – a simple yet extremely effective method in pushing your content out to wider audiences.
So, what is Content Syndication?
For those unfamiliar with the term, it means publishing the same piece of content on multiple platforms, giving it the potential to reach a whole new range of audiences that you may not have otherwise reached. This allows your content to work harder, increasing brand awareness and inevitably increasing engagement. The best part? It’s free, and requires very little effort!
And that’s the exact strategy we implemented on WePC to go viral in this case study.
Featuring the ASUS 4090 and an ITX motherboard, the short-form video was published over TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube Shorts, bringing in over 11m views across all channels combined; Gaining almost 7m views on TikTok and 17 thousand new followers on that platform alone. Pretty good, right?
This indicates the importance and ease of cross-posting and syndicating content – it’s a win-win.
Case Study – WePC Content Syndication
Our Top Tips for content syndication:
- Make sure your content is interesting to watch – The video has to have a ‘hook’ to increase the chances of people watching it till the end.
- Repost on popular channels – It would be pretty useless if you were syndicating your content on a site that no one visits. Make sure its one of the more favoured social media channels. (TikTok, Instagram, Facebook)
- Encourage people to share your content – Enough of this will create ‘hype’ and heighten exposure, further increasing the chances of the content blowing up on one of more platforms.
- Ensure the content is of interest to your current audience – It’s important to make sure you’re posting within your niche so that the content is of interest to your current following.
- Respond to comments – Engage with the comment section. Answer any questions people may have and encourage conversation and debate. This is a great way to increase engagement and will boost you in the rankings of the platform’s algorithm.
If you’re looking to grow your brand, increase exposure or heighten your brand’s social presence and would like to find out how we can help you get there, get in touch with us here.